[U-Boot-Users] How to add new /board specific command to uboot ?

harsh poshtiwala hiharsh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 07:07:57 CEST 2007

Hi Friends,

I tried to add a new command for my nmdk8810b6 board following README
./commands file.

Uboot just hangs at the initial stage even i doesn't boot , i don't
see the uboot-1.1.4 text even.

I see some junk characters then it stops there.

I did following things

1, created a file for my command "cmd_dvt.c"

which has UBOOT_CMD( ) and parameters
a function for my command

2,I included common.h
 command.h
and dvt.h from where my command function reads the data.

3,I placed my cmd_dvt.c file in theTOPLEVEL /common directory.

4, I have included cmd_dvt.o in THE SAME  Makefilewhere most common
commands are compiled.

Did i miss something ? or i am placing it in a wrong directory ?

Do i need to place this command in the /include/configs/nmdk8810.h file ?

or anything else ?

I would appreciate your pointers on this

5,

--
Thanks & Regards
Harsh