[U-Boot-Users] code relocation and symbolic debugging

vb vb at vsbe.com
Tue Mar 20 03:19:35 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <f608b67d0703191805t6379c48an24ea9d9d41277d11 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > a pain, especially when trying symbolic debugging. I of course know
> > about the gdb add-symbol-file command, but I couldn't figure out how
> > to make it relocate symbols along with the text segment. As a result,
>
> Then you obviously did not read the manual. Please RTFM.
>
> > I can set breakpoints and examine automatic variables, but can't see
> > static/global variables using the gdb. How do others handle this
> > situation - any hits will be highly appreciated.
>
> We just do as described in the manual.

Wolfgang, I just checked again, and I know what happened: this chapter

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/DebuggingUBoot#Section_10.1.2.

never mentions tricks listed in this chapter:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/GDBScripts,

and I did not look any further than section 10.1.2 when I read the
manual first time. I think it would benefit section 10.1.2 if it
mentioned that more stuff is available further down the manual.

Sorry for missing it first time around,
cheers,
/vb