[U-Boot-Users] Failed to run "hello world" 1.1.6 example on AT91RM9200EK

Baz0unga sebastien.jean at iut-valence.fr
Fri May 4 17:13:50 CEST 2007

Wolfgang,

i followed your advice :

> Well, did you check "examples/Makefile" ? Right at the beginning it
> reads:

> ifeq ($(ARCH),arm)
> LOAD_ADDR = 0xc100000
> endif

And replaced the load address to point to 0x20000000, which is the start of
RAM banks on the 9200EK.
After tftp loading at 20000000 the hello world application worked fine.
I also tried to boot directly (btw of u-boot) this application, previously
stored in flash, by changing the "start" env variable, and it also worked
fine.

I could not load u-boot 1.1.6 in my board, but it seems to be not compliant
with it (i ve read some posts about patches that must be applied but i don t
know how). However, loading u-boot 1.1.6 is not mandatory to be done for me,
i just wanted to start booting custom code (in  few words, we are trying to
port a component-based OS to that platform).

So, thank you very much for your help !

PS : i just wonder if it should be possible to duplicate the 9200DK board
conf and override the load_address for examples, it is just an idea but i am
not very sure the include order of makefiles allows that.

Baz.