[U-Boot-Users] Those Patches From jdl!

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Mon Nov 5 21:17:16 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 17:51, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Jon,
>
> in message <1194039552.5345.51.camel at ld0161-tx32> you wrote:
> >
> > What to do with all those patches from jdl?
> > The key is how they look in my un-published
> > mpc86xx custodian tree:
> > Before I push all of that to the custodian tree, I'm going
> > to wait a couple days to so that I may be abused, er, blessed
> > with review feedback first.
>
> I'm afraid I lost you - I don't know what your un-published mpc86xx
> custodian tree is or what...

I just mean my custodian tree that has not yet
been pushed out.  I've applied patch as shown in
my previous mail, and they are waiting for review
comments now.

> > The bug fixes that should be picked up for 1.3.0 are
> > these patches:
> >
> > *+  [for-1.3.0] Unify pixis_reset altbank across board families
> > *+  [for-1.3.0^] Fix USB support issue for MPC8641HPCN board.
> > *+  [for-1.3.0~2] make 8610 board use pixis reset
> > *+  [for-1.3.0~3] 86xx: Fix broken variable reference when #def DEBUGing.
> >
> > Once published,

That is, after review is done, I will type "git push ...."
and make them available in the public custodian tree..

>  they will be cherry-pick'able from the
> > custodian repository (I'll supply SHA1s as needed), or
> > they could be hand-applied from the list posts, if desired.
>
> Sorry - I can't follow that.
>
> Please make it easy for me and make sue the stuff I need  is  in  the
> master  branch

Two things:

If the SHA1 is in the repo, it doesn't matter what branch
it is actually in.  You can cherry-pick it.  It may not
merge well if it is in some _distantly_ related branch,
but you can cherry-pick it.

The other is that I showed that I was going to merge
the "for-1.3.0" branch to master before I published it.

>   of  your (public, published, or whatever you call it)
> custodian tree, and send me / post the list of  commit  IDs  (abbrev.
> SHA1) so I can cherry-pick from your repo.
>
> I need just that SHA1 list...

Right.  That's exactly what I said I would do.

We're just waiting for review comments.  If none
of those roll in, I'll publish my new -mpc86xx repo
with all of these patches (on the master branch as
requested) in a couple days.

Hope that helps clear that all up!

> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Thanks,
jdl

PS -- Oh, and, you already applied one of those patches! :-)