[U-Boot-Users] CFI flash polling for AMD/SPANSION?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Nov 27 19:41:59 CET 2007

Hi Kumar,

On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Kumar Gala wrote:
> So we have a patch to CFI flash to use DQ7/#data polling instead of
> DQ6/toggle.  There seems to have been some discussion from time to
> time regard this and several people have reported empirical evidence
> about how DQ7 appears to work better for them on some systems.

I have to admit, that I don't remember those discussions. Could you please
refresh my memory? And why exactly are you implementing this change? What
problem does it fix?

> I was hoping to understand what the issues are with getting such a
> change accepted.

If your patch fixes a problem, then chances are quite good. :)

BTW: What does Linux MTD do? DQ7/data or DQ6/toggle? (I'm just too lazy to
check myself :))

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de