[U-Boot-Users] Q) Anyone know how to debug u-boot on AT91SMA9263-EK using J-Link from Segger?

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Thu Oct 4 16:29:10 CEST 2007

Hello!

Leonid schrieb:
> I am using BDI2000 with my at91rm9200 board - I think, you can do the
> same for at91rm9263 unless you doesn't get JTAG on your board. I can
> step through code, etc...

And I am using a Lauterbach ICD for such purposes without any major
problem. I can't see a reason why there should be a problem AFTER
reading the documentation.

In my eyes it doesn't make any sense to use a tool like a JTAG debugger
without understanding how the systems works. So if you get
initialization scripts from someone else and don't understand them you
also won't understand how to debug your bootloader(s). In many cases you
won't be able to find all bugs when just stepping through the code on
C language level. But if you understand how the processor works you
won't need anybody else providing you with further information/files.

Why do so many people think that mailing lists like this are a total
replacement for RTFM?

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--