[U-Boot-Users] status and plans for next merge window?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 8 23:11:16 CEST 2007

Dear Kumar,

in message <58DC67B3-2CEB-4E86-9EEE-F96E7486D13F at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:

> I was wondering what the status of the next merge window was?

The status is - and was - that we try to stay out of the way  of  the
Linux  kernel  merge  window.  So we're waiting for Linux 2.6.23, and
then at least 3 weeks...

> I know there are some big changes coming and wanted to get a sense of
> when we might see a tree with these changes in them:
> * Grant's work on kconfig
> * moving of drivers around

I didn't find any time last week and the weekend, but I shouldbe able
to have most of the pending stuff merged in until next weekend.  That
should result in 1.3.0-rc3 (which will be followed by 1.3.0 ?).

I will push 1.3.0-rc3 to -testing as base for Grant.

Moving drivers may happen after this.

> Any ways I was hoping to get a sense when the big modifications would
> be in a tree so patches for the things I've listed would be in a form
> that they'd likely to be accepted.

Well, I guess you'll have to ask Linus, then :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"When anyone says `theoretically,' they really mean `not really.'"
- David Parnas