[U-Boot-Users] MIPS question

Vlad Lungu vlad at comsys.ro
Thu Oct 11 11:19:08 CEST 2007

Shinya Kuribayashi wrote:
> Vlad Lungu wrote:
>
>> in include/asm-mips/addrspace.h line 52, there is a
>>
>> #define UNCACHED_SDRAM(a) PHYSADDR(a)
>>
>> The question is: shouldn't we use KSEG1ADDR() instead of PHYSADDR()?
>>

> I think we should. At least my target boards need that change.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/MIPS-cache-management-%28and-build%29-questions.-tf4434068.html#a12651921

And what board would that be? Or it's not in the tree?
> note: Wrt dcache_disable() part, please take into account
>       Stefan's comment.
>
> Anyway I seriously wonder whether other mips ports work as it is.

<comment mode="AOL"> me too </comment>

The RAM might be mapped at 0 too on some boards, that's why it works with PHYSADDR(). Or people are
simply bootelf-ing Linux, that's why the bug was not catched before (I think the only use of that
macro is in lib_mips/mips_linux.c i.e. bootm). Note that the Au1x00 boards ( and another one, can't
remember the name) do 0x20000000|a or something like that, which when you go from KSEG0 (0x8???????)
produces 0xa???????, an address in KSEG1.

Wolfgang, should I submit a patch on this for 1.3.0?

Vlad