[U-Boot-Users] U-boot resets GPIO port registers on MPC8xx

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Thu Oct 11 14:36:12 CEST 2007

Hi Melinda,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to configure pddat, pddir with the mw command on the u-boot
> prompt. Afterward I issued a reset command and when the u-boot
> restarts these value are changed to default values. Anyone knows
> which U-boot instruction causes this reset?.

If you issue a reset command, the CPU is reset (this is what the
command is good for ;-). And most CPU registers are set to default
values during a reset. Take a look into your CPU manual which
registers have which reset values.

Best Regards,
Martin Krause

--
TQ-Systems GmbH
Muehlstrasse 2, Gut Delling, D-82229 Seefeld