[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: fix timer overflow in DaVinci

Alex Shnitman AlexS at mangodsp.com
Tue Oct 16 22:06:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

The get_timer() function in DaVinci's timer.c doesn't handle overflow --
it simply subtracts the "base" from the current time, but if the timer
overflowed and the current time is smaller than base, a negative number
results. The attached patch fixes that.

The bug manifests itself e.g. when writing large blocks of flash (which
take many minutes to complete), and it so happens that a write operation
starts before the overflow and then times out prematurely because of it.

Please CC replies to me because I'm not on the list...

Regards,
--Alex