[U-Boot-Users] AT91 with framebuffer in SDRAM

Zac Wheeler zac.wheeler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 01:21:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to cobble together a proto with the AT91SAM9261EK and a WVGA TFT
screen using Ulf's 1.2.0-atmel branch. I have gotten the screen to work just
fine. The problem is that I need to operate out of SDRAM, and I'm trashing
the environment variables somehow. The environment variables are at
PHYS_SDRAM + 0x100 and are 0x2000 long so I have tried PHYS_SDRAM + several
larger numbers (0x10000, 0x20000, 0x100000) for fb_base but all result in
corrupt environment variables when I try to save them. I believe that I am
staying out of u-boot's operating RAM (0x23f00000+ correct?), but I could be
mistaken.

The symptom is the constantly-recurring bad CRC warning and saveenv appears
to have no effect. The settings seem to be working fine when I switch
fb_base back to AT91C_IRAM, but obviously the display doesn't function
properly. I've looked through for obvious mistakes in writing the logo and
text below the logo to the fb but haven't been able to track anything down.

Also, as an aside, I think that the vl_pixclock variable is used incorrectly
in the at91sam926X files. It is supposed to be (from the definition) in
picoseconds but appears to only work in Hz.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Zac