[U-Boot-Users] Fixup of fdt with detected memory size instead of fixed values

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Wed Oct 24 18:41:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

I looked a bit into the fdt code in the bootm command. If I'm not wrong,
the start of the memory and its size are fixed values in the
fdt blob (node "memory"). U-Boot does not touch this values. I'm wondering,
why there is no fixup with the real values detected by U-Boot (stored in
bd->bi_mestart and bd->bi_memsize). For other properties, like
"buf-frequency" a fixup with the real (detected) values is done (at least
on ppc processors).

If I want to do a fixup of the memory node befor starting Linux on our
TQM5200 board, where would be the best place to do this? ft_board_setup()
seems to be right. But maybe it makes sense, to make this a global
feature for all boards? AFAIK bd->bi_mestart and bd->bi_memsize
should contain valid values on all boards. So why not fixup the "memory"
node for all boards in ft_setup()? Does this make sense?

Best Regards,
Martin Krause

--
Entwicklung
Tel. +49 8153 93 08-157, Fax +49 8153 93 08-7157
mailto:martin.krause at tqs.de

TQ-Systems GmbH
Mühlstraße 2, Gut Delling, D-82229 Seefeld
Amtsgericht München, HRB 105 018, UST-IdNr. DE 811 607 913
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Detlef Schneider, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Rüdiger Stahl
http://www.tq-group.com