[U-Boot-Users] MTD update?

William Juul william.juul at datarespons.no
Tue Oct 30 16:17:54 CET 2007

> I'll be glad to review the code (if time permits) and test it on some of my
> platforms (PPC based).
>
> I think this is a necessary move. A lot changed in the Linux MTD code, since
> it was last ported from Linux to U-Boot. So I really appreciate your effort
> here.

 - I have now rebased the patch to u-boot 1.3.0-rc3
 - I regard code clean-up to be done
 - MAKEALL ppc/arm still has some issues:
* DOC/OneNand/nand_spl is not building ( I have not tried porting this
part, and since I do not have any HW and I am not familiar with this
code/HW I think its best someone else is porting this code.)

Except for the issues mentioned above, I have ported all drivers
necessary to run MAKEALL ppc/arm without errors and warnings. Many
drivers were trivial to port, but some were not so trivial. The
following drivers must be examined carefully and maybe rewritten to
some degree:
  cpu/ppc4xx/ndfc.c
  cpu/arm926ejs/davinci/nand.c
  board/delta/nand.c
  board/zylonite/nand.c

Below is an overview of which files have been patched and how big the
diffs are for each file (in bytes).
What should I do with the large patches? And should I send one patch
for each file for the small ones?

Best regards
William

   2626  board/bf537-stamp/nand.c