[U-Boot-Users] where is the process counter when the linux system shutdown

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 14 09:36:08 CEST 2007

In message <001901c7f679$40e08480$6401a8c0 at hy> you wrote:

> how to get the kernel or filesystem from long-distance host(not in LAN ) .

U-Boot provides TFTP and NFS for download. For anything else you
should use an operating system.

> I want to migrate a ftp tool into U-boot at one time.but it seems so hard and
> I' m not good at program in U-boot.

Foget it. FTP needs TCP/IP, and we will not have this in U-Boot.

> maybe.I can get the kernel or filesystem before boot the system.and write the
> data into RAM.

This can be done. See kexec.

> how do I copy the RAM data to ROM(nand flash).can I write the data in linux system
> if can not do this .

You can use standard commands both in U-Boot and Linux to do this.
Please read the docs.

> I need shutdown the OS and run a nand flash write program.

Why do you need to shutdown the OS for that purpose? Linux can write
to NAND flash just fine.

> well ,where is the process counter when the linux system shutdown.

If you perform a reboot, the system will usually start through the
reset entry point.

> and how to call the nand flash writer.

In Linux? See the MTD system. Un U-Boot? See the nand commands.

Please be aware that in general there is no guarantee that memory
contents set up in Linux will survive a reset.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt