[U-Boot-Users] isp116x-hcd and usb_storage

tike64 tike64 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 13:14:59 CEST 2007

--- Markus Klotzbücher wrote:
> Dear Timo,
>
> Does your stick work correctly before resetting it? Can you read a
> file into memory and verify it was loaded correctly?

What kind of reset do you mean? I think I have to do 'usb reset' first.
I have not tried to read a file but 'fatls usb 0:1' gives a proper
listing but ONLY when I have debugging enabled in isp116x-hcd.c.

> U-Boots USB implementation is known to have some timing issues which
> havn't been fixed yet. You'll have to experiment to find out whats
> causing your problems. Have you tried defining
> ISP116X_HCD_USE_EXTRA_DELAY?

Yes, both ISP116X_HCD_USE_EXTRA_DELAY and ISP116X_HCD_USE_UDELAY.
Without those it didn't even detect the stick.

> Did you miss to add some board specific initalization?

I would think not because it at least detects the stick; it says:
"1 Storage Device(s) found"

Meanwhile I learned a little more: It seems to fail at request sense
command but I can't see exactly how because the problem evaporates when
I enable more debugging. After that command, usb_storage.c says:

DATA phase

usb_bulk_msg error status 32

--

Timo