[U-Boot-Users] Protected sectors

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Wed Sep 26 12:25:21 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> Hi all,
>
> I got a question regarding protected sectors. When I build the u-boot
> image
> and program the image into the flash I can see that the area of u-boot
> is protected.
> My u-boot image needs about 3 sectors but 4 sectors are protected.
> Could someone
> please tell me in which file I can change the amount of protected
> sectors?

In the 4th sector very likely your environment is stored. U-Boot
calculates the sectors to protect automatically (if your board is
configured properly, of course). Sectors which will be protected
are: U-Boot itself + Envorionment + (if configured) redundant
Environment.

Please note, that this protection normally is only a software
protection. If you access your flash outside from U-Boot (Debugger,
OS, ...) this protection is not effective.

Best Regards,
Martin Krause

--
TQ-Systems GmbH
Muehlstrasse 2, Gut Delling, D-82229 Seefeld