[U-Boot-Users] MPC8343 PCI setup

Tor Krill tor at excito.com
Thu Apr 3 20:51:41 CEST 2008

On 4/3/2008, "Andre Schwarz" <andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:

>All,

Hi Andre and others,

>currently I'm trying to bring up a mpc8343 based system.
>Latest u-boot v1.3.2 is running fine.
>
>The MPC8343 has a single 32-Bit PCI Bus running at 66MHz.
>Connected are a FPGA (IDSEL 11 + IRQ0) and a miniPCI Slot (IDSEL12 +
>IRQ1).
>
>Unfortunately the kernel panics during/after PCI setup.

Not sure if this is related. But i got strange problems with PCI after
the patch "Add CONFIG_PCI_SKIP_HOST_BRIDGE config option"
(55774b512fdf63c..) was added.

My symptoms where missed interrupts on sata dma in Linux. U-boot where
however fine. Adding the above config solved my problems. Not really
sure why i experienced this. We have no PCI bridge on our board.

/Tor