[U-Boot-Users] pci memory booting on ppc460

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 22 21:45:07 CEST 2008

In message <20080422161140.GA20218 at crust.elkhashab.com> you wrote:
> Hello, I saw a reference to PCI booting in the docs, but could
> not find enough detail.  We would like to use PCI memory space
> booting on an upcoming design with the PPC460EX.  Does Uboot
> currently support that mode of booting?  Is it as easy as booting

It has been done before. See for example the PN62 board which was the
first board where this was implemented - more than 5  years  ago  and
probably untested since.

> from a flash?  We are developing our app with the canyonlands
> board, but we won't be able to try the PCI boot until we have our
> own board finished.

Of course, adaptions will be necessary.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The sooner our happiness together begins, the longer it will last.
	-- Miramanee, "The Paradise Syndrome", stardate 4842.6