[U-Boot-Users] 83xx DDR2 667Mhz memory

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Thu Apr 24 21:32:21 CEST 2008

All,

Just curious if anyone has done any work with this near past.
I have had an 8360E board up for several months now and been happily working
away with different types of Kingston S0-DIMM DDR2 memory.

512MB, 1204MB, DDR2 533Mhz memory. All work well, with U-boot.
Using the SPD detectetion, things have just been automatically detected and
worked wonderful.

Yesterday I went down and purchased two additional sticks of 1024MB DDR2
Crucial 667Mhz memory, as 533Mhz is in short supply. SPD detect still works
in U-boot and everything is detected correctly. However, the u-boot will now
hang when it tries to transfer execution into RAM. At first I figured this
was a memory speed issue, since 667Mhz is not technically supported on the
8360E yet <Rev 2... I might be wrong on this?>, So I patched in a quick line
of code to force the spd detection to limit to 533Mhz.  Still doesn't work.

Any ideas? Again, same exact u-boot just different memory. SPD sees it all
just fine, just can't use the RAM after its setup. Currently using a
slightly older version of U-boot 1.3.0-dirty.

-Russ