[U-Boot] u-boot for imx27 Board

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Aug 21 17:19:26 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 06:54:53PM +0530, Lejin K Joy wrote:

> Thanks a lot Sascha,
>
> I was able to downlaod it and  I was compiling it. If you have worked on the
> same platform kindly give your valuable inputs.
>
> I am compiling the U-boot for imx27ads board.

I just updated mx27ads support and added a defconfig file, so please do
a 'git pull'.

> I have set the env variables using  the following commands :
>
> #ln -s arm cross_arch            [I also tried setting it to machi-imx. This
> also is not helping]
> #ln -s arm cross_compile

Sorry, documentation is a bit outdated here, the links do not work any
more. You have to specify architecture and cross compiler on the command
line:

ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/whereever/it/is/arm-..-gcc make mx27ads_defconfig
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/whereever/it/is/arm-..-gcc make menuconfig
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/whereever/it/is/arm-..-gcc make

This should give you a uboot.bin which you can try on your board. If you
already have a bootloader (redboot?) on your board which you want to
keep, it's best to start U-Boot from RAM first. Load it somewhere to RAM
and jump there (don't know how to do this with redboot though).

Regards,
  Sascha

     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9