[U-Boot] ppc4xx: Optimizations/Cleanups for IBM DDR2 Memory Controller

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Sat Aug 30 11:22:16 CEST 2008

Prodyut,

On Friday 29 August 2008, Prodyut Hazarika wrote:
> > Somehow your patch was malformatted though. Please see the ">From bdc..."
> > above. This should not be included in the patch mail. Did you create this
> > patch with git format-patch and send it with git send-email?
>
> I created the patch using git format-patch. I had applied the patch using
> git-am in my local repo before sending, and it applied fine.

So far so good. :)

> I used
> Evolution on Linux to send the patch using the instructions given in
> Documentation/email-clients in Linux kernel tree. I have problems using git
> send-email because we send emails using the Exchange server.

OK, then this Evolution step seems to have introduced this problem. Too bad
that even the instructions in the Linux Documention describe this correctly.
Sorry, I can't help you here, I have no experience with Evolution. Perhaps
somebody else can jump in here.

> > And please don't indent the commit text and add one empty line before the
> > s-o-f line.
>
> I will take care of the that.

Thanks.

Best regards,