[U-Boot] [RFC] nand boot for 85xx

Liu Dave DaveLiu at freescale.com
Thu Dec 18 08:22:50 CET 2008

> 1. patch should be split into at least two patches.  One for
> the first stage loader changes and one for the second stage
> u-boot

absolutely correct. It is also my desired.
Because you query the LAW, I submit the patch for that purpose.

> 2. we should look at refactoring common code so not to
> duplicate it. For example can we put a fair amount of common
> code w/start.S in a header to share w/nand_start.S

You are right, I was considering the idea.
make the first 4K (bootpage) shareable for NOR and NAND boot.

> Also, how much space do we have for the first stage loader?  How big
> is the current u-boot created first stage loader (how much free space

> do we have?)?

4K for the first stage loader. currently the first stage loader occupy
60~70% of the 4K bootpage.

Another issue is, could we split the relocate code from
4xx/83xx/85xx/86xx
to on common/ppc/relocate.S?