[U-Boot] U-Boot on Xilinx ML510

Michal Simek monstr at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 24 12:33:44 CET 2008

Hi Felix,

> Michal Simek wrote:
>> Hi Felix
>> there is generic-ppc440 support. I think it is easy to support ml510
>> board.
>>   Please look to board/xilinx/ml507/xparameters.h.
>>
>> 1. You can change this file manually
>> 2. you can generate this file. (I am not sure which BSP generate this
>> file but
>> IMHO linux bsp do.)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michal
>>
> Thanks a lot for replying. Adding basic ml510 support seems easy indeed.

ok.

> I've
> noticed that there's no Ethernet driver support. I guess if I need LL TEMAC
> in u-boot I have to use u-boot from Xilinx git tree. Is that correct ?

You are right in xilinx tree is ll_temac driver but it is based on xilinx files.
  We use one file ll_temac driver. I will send it to mailing list for reviewing
next year. This driver will have support for Microblaze CPU. PPC support is
pretty easy (just set correct name) and check cache flushing. I haven't worked
with ml510 and I don't have information which PHY is on it but currently this
driver I use on s3e and ml505. Adding new phy should not be too hard.

Preliminary version is on my site www.monstr.eu. Just follow manual.

Regards,
Michal