[U-Boot] u-boot configurations for custom board with MPC 8265

Jayakrishnan M jay.krishnanm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 07:06:48 CET 2008

Hi Jyotshna,

Is your u-boot code doing any register initializations?

> I am modifying the MPC8260ads configurations to match my board but I don't see any messages being printed on the serial port. I am using Codewarrior USB TAP debugger to debug the u-boot code with an initialization file as follows:
>
> setMMRBaseAddr 0x00000000
> writemmr        SCCR    0x0000
> writemmr        SYPCR           0xffffffc3
> writemmr        RMR                     0x0001
> # Memory periodic timer prescaler
> writemmr        MPTPR           0x3200
> # Internal memory map register
> writemmr        IMMR    0x04700000

> With the above initialization file when I define CONFIG_IMMR to 0xF0000000 in u-boot it just doesn't go further and so I modified it to be same as the initilization file ( 0x0470000) and now I am stepping little further into the code but I am getting stuck at  a point in cpu_init_f in start.S.

If the debugger has done the processor initialization part, trying to
do the same in u-boot might cause problems. I'll suggest you to
comment out the initialization from u-boot and try. Most probably,
setting OR and BR registers in cpu_init_f might be the issue.

Regards,
Jayakrishnan