[U-Boot-Users] ide support on arm

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 3 16:47:04 CET 2008

In message <20080203122508.5ihz9mji80gc0o0g at feanor.sssup.it> you wrote:

> I add a few change and an older version on u-boot for support ide on
> arm (about 10 lines of codes). The changes are made in cmd_ide.c file,
> and arm/board.c.

You asked about this in Aug 2007, but you never actually submitted any
code.

> I think that is not present in the latest version of u-boot, it is right?

Indeed. There is no magic way for your code to make it into the
public source tree without you posting proper patches first.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The alternative to genuflecting before the  god  of  code-bumming  is
finding  a  better  algorithm.  It should be clear that none such was
available. If your code is too slow, you must make it faster.  If  no
better algorithm is available, you must trim cycles.
                                 - td at alice.UUCP (Tom Duff) 29 Aug 88