[U-Boot-Users] [patch] do not use cmd_reset uninitialized in cfi_flash.c

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Feb 4 17:05:10 CET 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008, Michael Schwingen wrote:
> Stefan Roese wrote:
> >> However, I wonder if it would be possible to simply issue *both* reset
> >> commands - if the flash safely ignores the second (unknown) command,
> >> this should be fine, but it is relying on undocumented behaviour.
> >
> > Good idea. Do you (or somebody else) have HW available to test such a
> > change?
>
> I think I can run tests on a small set (~5-10 different AMD-commandset
> and 2 intel-commandset, all 16 bit) flashs, but that still leaves the
> (small) possibility that there are flash roms that behave different.

Right. But it will be an improvement to the current implementation, where a
random command is written as RESET command. And also an improvement to the
fixed AMD/Intel RESET command. So I vote for trying this solution. I'll test
on a few of mine platforms too.

Michael, could please you provide a patch?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de