[U-Boot-Users] how to use mtdparts command in uboot

nagi reddy chitta nagireddy.chitta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:29:08 CET 2008

Hi All,

 I am working on a project where my processor is MIPS and my NOR flash size
is 32MB. So for i am managing all MTD partitions statically in
Linux and the system is working fine. Now we are planning to change the mtd
management to UBoot, so that i can add/delete/modify the partitions using
command line facility of UBoot.

i ported all required files to my working uboot sources, but not able to use
the command *mtdparts properly.*

My flash layout(partition info) shall look like:

Flash is top boot one:

Total Size:32MB

Partition1: 3-4MB (Linux kernel)

Partition2: 4-6MB(Root file system)

Partition3: 8MB(application active)

Partition4: 8MB(application backup)

Partition5:3MB(Data base)

Partitions6:512MB(UBoot)

 Some free memory.

I wanted to put above info in UBoot using mtdparts. I tried to going thru
the code  but confused bit.

Please can some one help me on getting some info regarding usage of mtdparts
related commands?

i have gone thru the mailing list also, but could not get much information.

Best Regards,

Nagi