[U-Boot-Users] UNCACHED_SDRAM macro issue

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini at idf-hit.com
Wed Feb 13 09:59:41 CET 2008

Hi list,

I'm working on the porting of u-boot (1.3.1 from git) to a mips based
SoC. The port seems to work fine unless the UNCACHED_SDRAM macro (used
by do_bootm_linux).

Using the version from commit de9a738faa7c2f47286119c3bfebc3dfbfe7d86d
(that maps the addresses on KSEG1 instead on physical addresses) the
linux kernel is not able to start, while changing the macro to a
PHYSADDR(a) (how was before the commit) the linux kernel starts without
any problem.

In order to make my system bootable I changed the macro UNCACHED_SDRAM
from:

#define UNCACHED_SDRAM(a) KSEG1ADDR(a)

#define UNCACHED_SDRAM(a) PHYSADDR(a) (how defined before the commit
de9a738...)

What I need to change on my board specific u-boot in order to use the
KSEG1 address space?

thanks a lot

luigi

--