[U-Boot-Users] [new uImage] Code available on new-image branch of u-boot-testing repo

Bartlomiej Sieka tur at semihalf.com
Wed Feb 13 10:24:05 CET 2008

Kumar Gala wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]
>>> In our development code for the new format we need even more data to
>>> be
>>> passed down to do_bootm_* flavors. We are doing this by passing a
>>> pointer to a structure:
>>>
>>> -           do_bootm_linux (cmdtp, flag, argc, argv, hdr, verify);
>>> +           do_bootm_linux (cmdtp, flag, argc, argv, &images, verify);
[...]
>>> Perhaps it would be a good idea to add your load_end to bootm_headers?
>>> In any case, let's get back to this once the above mentioned code is
>>> posted to the ML.
>>
>> sounds good, any eta on when this patch will show up?
>
> Any update on the patch?

Hi Kumar,

Sorry for a delayed reply, I've been quite busy recently.

As to the patch adding passing more information to do_bootm_* -- it's a
logical part of a bigger patchset that is not yet ready for posting.
Please give me a few more days to get it in shape.

> One of the ideas I have is I'd like to see if we can make it possible to
> do the equiv of bootm via a series of commands from the u-boot command
> line.
>
> For example, I don't believe we have a way today to just decompress a
> uImage file.

Apart for using bootm machinery and the autostart env. variable (as
pointed to by Wolfgang), there isn't a direct way to do this (like a
U-Boot command for example).

Regards,
Bartlomiej