[U-Boot-Users] Booting Standalone App?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 31 01:09:09 CET 2008

In message <15188816.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I've already read the documents that you have referenced before posting my
> first message. I had already gotten hello_world to run in u-boot without
> problems (by using the go command), so that is not an issue.

Well, that's the documented way to start standalone applications.

The only documented way, IIRC.

> My original question was - is it possible to boot a standalone application
> like the hello_world example like a kernel? I did not see any reference

Is it a kernel? No.  Does any part of the documentation say it could
be used like that? No.

> materials which shows how this is done. I have not changed the code in
> hello_world, so the entry point should not have moved. Did I use mkimage
> correctly?

This question makes no sense to me.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you can't beat it or corrupt it, you pretend it was your  idea  in
the first place.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_