[U-Boot-Users] TSEC/PHY @ MPC834x stopped working

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:22:21 CEST 2008

Hi Andre,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Andre Schwarz
<andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de> wrote:
> Ben,
>
> after pulling u-boot today ethernet stopped working on my MPC8343 based
> board (mvBL-M7).
> I'm using a Vitesse VSC8601 RGMII phy on TSEC0-1.
>
> I know there's some rewriting/clean-up going on ...

Yeah, but none of that's in the main source tree.

> What do I have to do to get it working again ?
> Any new defines introduced lately ?
>
> Obviously the MII interface stopped working, i.e. all reads give 0xFF.
> Switching back to older U-boot (3-4 weeks ago) works fine.

Looking here:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=history;f=drivers/net/tsec.c;h=6e0f2c6fd081baa19d80a985717d470a1f78bc2d;hb=HEAD

nothing new has been added except support for a new PHY, and that was
about 5 weeks ago.

> Any help is welcome.

Sorry, I don't have access to my MPC8349 board right now or I'd try to
help more usefully.  Maybe you can post some more information.

> regards,
> Andre
>
> MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
> Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner

regards,
Ben