[U-Boot-Users] RFQ: disable flash writes until after relocation?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Jul 21 20:43:24 CEST 2008

David Hawkins wrote:

> Whatever was written to i2c_bus_speed[0] was never actually
> written, since the write occurs to flash before relocation,
> so whatever the intent of the write was, needs to be fixed.

Prior to relocation, the value of i2c_bus_speed[] is irrelevant.  All that
matter is that the I2C device is programmed for that speed.  No code ever looks
at i2c_bus_speed[] prior to relocation.

Regardless, I'm testing a patch that prevents writes before relocation, so I'll
be sending it out soon.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale