[U-Boot-Users] Changing u-boot relocation scheme

vb vb at vsbe.com
Sat Jul 26 07:54:51 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Grant Likely
<grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:

> The problem is that the u-boot C runtime setup is insane and must be
> fixed.  Fix the C runtime and the problem goes away.  The approach
> being suggested here would have us *preserve* the insane C runtime and
> actually depend on the runtime to remain insane in order to work.

Grant, thank you for pitching in.

It would be great if you could elaborate what exactly is insane about
C runtime setup (especially since in u-boot its code comes from the
source tree and not from some obscure compiler dependent library) and
how its insanity is related here.

TIA,
/vb