[U-Boot-Users] error while running hello_world standalone program

Light King thelightking at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 09:40:50 CEST 2008

Dear All,

I m newly using U-Boot in a customised platform of processor Intel xscale
PXA255.

U-Boot 1.1.6 (Jul 28 2008 - 10:01:53) is running in this board .  In this
board one external 64 mb RAM is there and one 64 mb flash is there .

RAM address is starting from 0xA0000000 . Flash address is starting from
0x00000000 .

I m compiling the U-Boot source with arm-linux-gcc toolchain 3.4.1   .

then I m transfering the hello_world.bin image to the board through serial
.  If I downloading this image to any RAM address and executing from there
by go command then board is rebooting . If I m trying to download to 0x40000
adress ( given by the U-Boot document )  and trying to execute from that
adddress then it is giving some garbage output .  plz help me about this

I ve another customise board of ATMEL9263 controller .  there also same
version U-Boot is running . There also I m facing same problem . Can any one
help me about this . Actually my aim is to run any standalone program in
U-Boot .

another question is U-Boot uses direct physical address to control the
peripherals or it uses page mapping (virtual memory) for the applications ?