[U-Boot-Users] moving bss outside of the image?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jul 29 15:28:04 CEST 2008

Is there any concern with moving .bss outside of the image?  On 85xx
the images have historically been a fixed size (512k) and the .bss has
always lived inside of that region. We are now getting to a point
that .text + .data + .bss exceeds 512k.  Its easy enough to move .bss
right pass the 512k boundary and wanted to see if anyone can think of
a reason not to do this.

Also, any cute ways of doing this in the linker script?

Right now if the TEXT_BASE is 0xeff80000 I'm doing:

   . = ADDR(.text) + 0x80000;

   __bss_start = .;
   .bss (NOLOAD)       :
   {