[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 0/9] U-boot-V2: Introduce I2C support for SDP3430

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Wed Jun 18 18:04:21 CEST 2008

Sascha,

Hmm... flexibility Vs size.. the age old argument ;). When I started considering i2c I pulled code from U-Boot v1 and started putting in u-boot v2, then realized I was barking up the wrong tree. I then realized that probably it is better to pull in the linux i2c arch in to u-boot v2 and add flags to enable/disable features to control the size. Having a Kconfig does help a ton. The "new style" drivers were perfect to fit into u-boot-v2 architecture + I get to enable folks who already have linux drivers to pull it down to u-boot v2 with very little effort. The learning curve is smaller, infact, almost non-existant.

I think the best choice is selective addition as the need arises. We may not need V4L2 and similar things.. Where we can make compatibility happen, that would be good IMHO. We can then proceed with customizing and improving it to our needs. Why reinvent the wheel?

Regards,
Nishanth Menon