[U-Boot-Users] How to specify the starting function of a U-boot standalone application.

Jens Gehrlein sew_s at tqs.de
Wed Jun 25 07:44:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,

richardretanubun schrieb:
> When I go go <start addr>, the execution jumps straight to
> do_func_info() and the application finishes. (which is just a bunch of
> printf).
>
> How do I ensure that when compiled, the my_test.bin places the main
> function at the "go" point?
>
> I have tried re-ordering the function bodies around, moving main as the
> last function and thus removing all the function prototypes.
> I tried name matching the "main" function to the file name, none seems
> to help.

I have the same problem. When I modify the source code the compiler may
or may not rearrange the functions. It is not guaranteed, that the main
function always starts at the same address.

How can this be solved? Is it possible/meaningful to put the main
function into a separate linker segment? Any suggestions?

My temporary solution:
Because I had to patch the U-Boot code, especially the API, anyway for
my purposes, I decided to implement my test function as U-Boot command
instead as standalone application.

Best Regards,
Jens