[U-Boot-Users] Set manually tsec speed in u-boot 1.2.0

Andy Fleming afleming at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:39:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Frank Prepelica
<Frank.Prepelica at ubidyne.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> The ethernet adapter (PCMCIA ethernet card) which is directly connect to the board can be forced in windows to use 100Mbit full duplex, but u-boot still use 1Gbit. It's a Marvell phy, the exact phy description I have not in mind.
> The processor is a mpc8313.
>
> We are using a customized board which based on the MPC8313ERDB board.
>
> Nevertheless, is there a special env variable to set in U-Boot to use another speed, in this case 100Mbit? (e.g. I can choose by setting "using ethact TSEC1 which tsec should be used) Is there something equivalent for using tsec speed?

There isn't any support for forcing link speed in tsec.c.  If you
wanted to add it, I could see where it would be useful.  Is there any
particular reason you don't want to autonegotiate?  One option you
might be able to use is to modify TSEC1_FLAGS in your config file to
*not* specify TSEC_GIGABIT.

Andy