[U-Boot-Users] Is it easy to config BR1/OR1 as SDRAM in u-boot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 19 21:13:33 CET 2008

In message <16145448.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> How can I modify the u-boot source code for the mpc8260ads family to let
> u-boot recognize BR1/OR1 as SDRAM? I don't know how many files will be
> related to this change and how 'deep' I will go.

It is not at all clear that the mpc8260ads port is  a  good  starting
point for your own design. Depending how closely your hadrware design
was  copied from the mpc8260ads this may or may not be a good idea. I
recommend to check again.

> or let the hardware engineer change SDRAM to CS2 (BR2/OR2) may be easier?

Changing  the  software  is  definitely  easier.  But  you  need   to
understand  that  you  have  a  full port of U-Boot to a new board in
front of you - this is *not* just mndifying a few of  the  mpc8260ads
config settings here and there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get  us  in  trouble.
It's  the  things  we know that ain't so." - Artemus Ward aka Charles
Farrar Brown