[U-Boot-Users] CS8900 Problem on an ARM system

Guennadi Liakhovetski lg at denx.de
Fri Mar 28 15:55:55 CET 2008

Hi all

yet another problem from me. This time with the cs8900 driver.

Macroscopic error description: immediately after booting, the first
(typically) 2 packets are not received. E.g., if a ping is issued, two ARP
requests go out, can be seen on the network, are replied, but the driver
doesn't receive anything - rx status register still returns "no data". The
next and all following pings work fine. In case of tftp similarly replies
to the first two ARP packets are not received, after further repeats it
works.

If after power on I just wait for one minute without doing anything
(network inactive too), then the network works from the very first packet.

If at the time, when the first ping is issued I put some traffic on the
network, e.g., some broadcasts, the driver starts receiving data
immediately too.

I tried putting the chip in promiscuous mode to see whether the problem
is, that the chip doesn't identify packets as matching its ethernet
address, but the board is on a switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Guennadi