[U-Boot-Users] Configuring U-Boot for MPC8349E in little endian mode

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Fri May 2 09:22:41 CEST 2008

> We want to configure MPC8349E in little endian as some other PCI
> devices(DSPs) are operating in little endian.

Why should the fact that the DSPs over PCI being little endian impact
how you run the 8349?  All the u-boot and linux drivers deal with this
for every PCI device I'm aware of and run the 8349 (and all PowerPC
chips) in big-endian mode.

All access to the PCI device registers are wrapped in functions that
do the proper byte swapping for you.

- k