[U-Boot-Users] Configuring U-Boot for MPC8349E in little endian mode

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri May 2 16:34:03 CEST 2008

vivek.trivedi at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks all for quick response.
>
> Actually we are having a huge application for video capture which is
> presently running on x86 based board having some DSPs. As per the data
> sheet of MPC8349E(e300 core), MPC8349E can be configured in true little
> endian mode.

It would be a lot easier if you modified the application to work on big-endian
and little-endian.  Just look through the code in places where the endian
matters, and add cpu_to_be32() and be32_to_cpu() (or similar functions).

The only time this will be real problem is with DMA, since on 83xx you cannot
modify the data during a DMA transfer.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale