[U-Boot-Users] SoC Drivers: Where do they go?

McMullan, Jason mcmullan at netapp.com
Tue May 6 18:21:03 CEST 2008

I'm writing the drivers for a MIPS 4KEc based SoC, and was wondering
where they should go in the source code tree.

Having done ARM in the past, my first guess would be (calling the SoC
'qux', made by company 'foo', and a 'bar' eval board for now):

  cpu/mips/qux
	spi.c
	nand.c
	ether.c

And register header files go in:

  include/asm-mips/arch-qux
			ddr.h
			spi.h
			nand.h
			ether.h

And the board-specific stuff (like DDR configs, PHY addresses, etc)
would go in:

  board/foo/bar
	config.mk
	ether.c
	ddr.c

I only ask, because there is no SoC directories under 'cpu/mips', nor
any SoC directories under 'include/asm-mips'

Jason McMullan
MTS SW
System Firmware

NetApp