[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot with BDI3000

M C onyxtape at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 22:24:55 CEST 2008

Wolfgang,

The BDI config file for the Yosemite board on the U-Boot manual doesn't work (I can't erase the full range of flash between 0xFC000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF), so I've been using the one provided by AMCC.

When I do a reset halt, the PC does get set to 0xFFFFFFFC (please see below). But GDB still goes straight to 0x00000000.

The BDI config file from the U-Boot manual only allocates 2MB of flash (there are 64MBs on this board). If I use this config file, the GDB goes to 0xdeadbeef (but the BDI telnet shows the correct 0xFFFFFFFC for the PC after a reset-halt).

U-Boot is fully operational after I flash it onto the board, regardless of which config file I use.

440EP>reset
- TARGET: processing user reset request
- TARGET: resetting target passed
- TARGET: processing target startup ....
- TARGET: core #0 PVR is 0x422218D4
- TARGET: processing target startup passed
440EP>halt
    Core number       : 0
    Core state        : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : JTAG stop request