[U-Boot-Users] Can CPU write video memory directly?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri May 23 16:49:34 CEST 2008

Hi Zhanglei459,

>       Now I am debugging video chip MB86297A.Reference to hardware manual,I
> have configured PCI registers ,Carmine Control registers and DRAM Control
> registers under U-boot , other modules registers have not been configured.I
> dont know how to verify DRAM is configured correctly. When I "md" video
> memory,they are all zero,and after I "mm" video memory,they are "md" still
> display all zero .

Something must be wrong in your configuration.  I recently did a
standard "mtest" on a CoralP attached graphics memory *after* correctly
setting up the CoralP control registers.  Note that I had to setup CCF
and MMR registers correctly (swapping endinanness by hand!).

> Are DRAM Control registers configured wrong?

Most likely.

> Does CPU modify video memory?

No, why should it?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
five monkeys, two typewriters, ten minutes