[U-Boot] NAND flash driver for Samsung K9F1G08

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 03:40:57 CEST 2008

Hello

I'm using 128Mb Samsung NAND flash K9F1G08 on our custom ARM-based
board. Flash ID is in $(UBOOT)/include/linux/mtd/nand_ids.h
Seems this chip is not CFI compliant (at least datasheet says nothing
of it), so the use of CFI driver falls away.

The problem I faced is how to calculate max number of sectors on a
flash chip, i.e. CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT parameter. Does CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT
mean total max number of sectors on the device, or max number of
sectors on a page? If I divide total flash size on bytes by sector
size I get weird numbers, obviously I'm on a wrong way.

Will appreciate any comments.
Thanks.

--
Roman Mashak