[U-Boot] Cannot enable interrupts Olimex SAM9-L9260

Björn Saläng bjorn.salang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:03:05 CEST 2008

Hi!
We are running a standalone program via U-boot on our Olimex SAM9-L9260
board with a AT91SAM9260. Included with the board was a CD with U-boot
including some board-specific files. We are able to compile and run a
Hello-World example as well as starting timers and generating pwm-signals.
But we seem unable to generate interrupts, we have tried both from the
button on the board (IRQ1) and from a Timer-Counter.
We think we are doing everything according to Atmels datacheet for
AT91SAM9260 but it's just not working.

We are kind of lost and not sure what's wrong or what we are supposed to
ask, but we have made some obeservations.

We have been searching through U-boot config-, header-, source- and
makefiles. And found that in our sam9l9260.h it says:
#undef  CONFIG_USE_IRQ
Does this mean we are not using interrupts?