[U-Boot] how can i change u-boot load address?

Roman Mashak romez777 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:06:17 CEST 2008

Hello

2008/10/6 Roman Mashak <romez777 at gmail.com>:

[skip]
> On many MCUs built on arm7tdmi core (for example, SAM7 family from
> Atmel) the process of starting up involves remapping, i.e. 0x0 address
> points on ROM at reset and on RAM after remap. U-Boot usually resides
> in ROM storage at startup, after reset relocates itself to RAM --
> should not it involve remapping as well?
>
> I didn't find how it's done in U-Boot (if it's done at all). Would
> appreciate a lot for clarification.

I seem to understand that remapping, being a CPU specific and
depending on a way U-Boot starts (either from ROM or RAM), is taken
away in 'lowlevel_init' function, defined either in in
$(uboot)/cpu/arm/$(soc)/lowlevel_init.S (for example,
$(uboot)/cpu/arm920t/ks8695/) or in
$(uboot)/board/board_name/lowlevel_init.S, but what confuses me is
that I couldn't find remap functions on every ARM platform, running
from ROM at reset.

--
Roman Mashak