[U-Boot] how can i change u-boot load address?

Gururaja Hebbar K R gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Tue Oct 7 10:38:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

>I seem to understand that remapping, being a CPU specific and
>depending on a way U-Boot starts (either from ROM or RAM), is taken
>away in 'lowlevel_init' function, defined either in in
>$(uboot)/cpu/arm/$(soc)/lowlevel_init.S (for example,
>$(uboot)/cpu/arm920t/ks8695/) or in
>$(uboot)/board/board_name/lowlevel_init.S, but what confuses me is
>that I couldn't find remap functions on every ARM platform, running
>from ROM at reset.

U wouldnt see mapping the vector on (most) ARM Platforms because they
use u-boot as secondary bootloader
Initial Arm Bootmonitor would run & that would re-locate the U-boot to
ram & then give control to u-boot

I said "most" because ARM Integrator Board doesnt use Arm Bootmonitor &
hence its code has remapping functionality.

Kindly look at $(uboot)/board/integratorcp/lowlevel_init.S &
$(uboot)/board/integratorcp/integratorcp.c.
It needs CONFIG_CM_REMAP setting to be defined

For the board that i am using, i had to make use of this.

Hope this helps

Regards
Gururaja