[U-Boot] PATCH: IXP465 support and some IXP4xx rework, Sidewinder board support

h.sattler at erhardt-leimer.com h.sattler at erhardt-leimer.com
Tue Oct 7 10:57:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

on the matter of getting u-boot work with the ADI Sidewinder Reference
Platform, I found the previously posted patches and used them as starting
point for my own patch set.
The Sidewinder board works with this patch, including ECC (optional).

There is a minimum set of ifdefs in cpu/ixp/start.S and no board-specific
low-level.S and thus no endless code-duplication. The
SDRAM parameters are handled by configuration definitions.
The ixp425.h and ixp465.h header files should be merged but that can
follow in a different patch, possibly renaming the defines and fixing all
board specific code.
The new initialisation routine was also tested on an IXP425, it really
works on both.

The npe_less_fw.patch allows to have NPE-C firmware and still use NPE-B.
There is no need to load firmware to NPE-C if you are not going to use it.

This work was done for Erhardt+Leimer GmbH.

Note:
I hope this can be merged, however, your description at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches makes me worry. I can only use
Lotus Notes and that's a bit limited. No, I cannot use another MUA from
here, really! If you can accept them at attachments (patches with
description header, diff index and Signed-off-by line, I use quilt
locallly).

Sincerly,

Hendrik Sattler

PS: please CC on answers as I am not subscribed.